Visiting Professional Programme – Rheumatology
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Rheumatology Programme is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience our highly acclaimed rheumatology service and its specialist clinics, including our award winning fibromyalgia clinic and our Lupus Unit, which is the largest in Europe.
The aim is to provide a unique development experience which broadens visiting professionals’ clinical education and enables them to learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place.
Our expert clinical leads have designed the programme with the aim of providing insight and information that allows visiting professionals to extend their expertise in rheumatology.
The programme aims to offer the following to visiting professionals:
- Direct experience and exposure of clinics and ward rounds
- Opportunities to participate in internal clinical meetings, such as clinical research meetings
- Interaction with multidisciplinary team members within the rheumatology service, including specialist psychologists
- Insight into the academic departments and laboratory to learn more about the research that is currently being undertaken within rheumatology
- Exposure of a diverse range of specialist rheumatology conditions, including antiphospholipid syndrome, rheumatoid inflammatory arthritis, vasculitis and lupus
Individual weekly timetables will be created depending on each visiting professional’s requirements.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.