Confirmation of bookings
1. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by GSTT Events, which will be confirmed by e-mail after GSTT Events has received the completed registration via Eventbrite, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that Eventbrite and GSTT Events may require.
2. Upon Eventbrite’s written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between GSTT Events and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. GSTT Events reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
4. Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. GSTT Events reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by GSTT Events. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as you submit your booking form by credit card. You acknowledge that Eventbrite and GSTT Events cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
5. The Fees include: all items as advised on the booking prior to confirmation.
6. The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
7. Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
8. Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for GSTT Events to alter the agenda, format, speakers, location and any other aspect of the event without notice. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event taking place.
9. If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact GSTT Events as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at email@example.com.
10. It is possible to transfer your place to a colleague or client if you are unable to attend. You must inform firstname.lastname@example.org of this change in writing 3 working days prior to the event. However, your personal registration cannot be shared with other individuals during the event.
11. If You would like a refund for your tickets, You need to send us a request. All refund requests are dealt with on a case by case basis. Please note Eventbrite’s booking fee is non-refundable. To send us a request please contact the events team at email@example.com
Contact us from your Eventbrite account or via email.
Contact us via your Eventbrite account:
- 1. Log in to Eventbrite.
- 2. Go to “Tickets” in your account. Select the ticket you want a refund for.
- 3. Click “Contact the organiser”.
- 4. Under “Have a question for the organiser?”, click “Contact the organiser” again.
- 5. Review your details and select the contact reason “Question about my ticket”.
- 6. Enter a message that clearly states your request and the refund reason.
- 7. Click “Continue”.
- 8. Review your details and click “Submit request”.
Or alternatively please contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number).
12. GSTT Events may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 week You agree that GSTT Events’ liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and GSTT Events and Eventbrite will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
13. GSTT Events reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of GSTT Events) expose GSTT Events or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
Your attendance at the Event
14. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
15. GSTT Events reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in GSTT Events’ opinion, You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
16. You are prohibited from making any video or audio recordings of the event or of any session within the Event (virtual or physical) or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes.
17. You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit GSTT Events, or any third party licensed by GSTT Events, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the Event organiser in writing prior to the Event day by email to email@example.com if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
18. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Eventbrite and GSTT Events shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
19. Materials distributed by or on behalf of GSTT Events at an Event may not be reproduced without GSTT Events’ permission.
20. Views expressed by speakers are their own and GSTT Events disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
21. To the maximum extent permitted by law, GSTT Events shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage
23. GSTT Events will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
25. These terms contain the entire agreement between You and GSTT Events
26. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
27. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
28. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
29. These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit GSTT Events right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
30. If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact GSTT Events at our Registered Office address: Guy’s and St Thomas’ Education and Events, Commercial Directorate, 1st Floor Counting House, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9RT
31. These terms and conditions were published on 07 January 2021 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.