Visiting Professional Programme – Oncology
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Oncology Visiting Professional Programme (VPP) is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience our highly acclaimed Cancer Centre first hand. The programme offers a unique chance to be fully integrated within a cancer centre which is patient-centred, research-driven and clinically-led.
The programmes are designed by our clinical leads to provide unique development experiences which enable visiting professionals to enhance their clinical expertise to transfer back to their work place. Participants will have exclusive access to observe and work in our Cancer Centre and gain insight into our Trust and the role that our Cancer Centre and its staff play within the NHS.
The programme is aimed at those who wish to experience one of the UK’s leading cancer centres within Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
The aims of the programme include:
- Access to all aspects of oncology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ including chemotherapy, radiology, palliativecare, oncology pharmacy, survivorship, the Richard Dimbleby Laboratory of Cancer Research, outpatients,innovation (trials), acute oncology and more
- Direct experience and exposure to clinics and ward rounds, including the Grand round and Schwartz round
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings
- The opportunity to develop networks and close links for future close working relations through peermentorship throughout the programme from a named mentor
- Access to departmental seminar programmes and trust wide programmes (depending on availability)
Individual weekly timetables will be created depending on each visiting professional’s requirements.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.