Visiting Professional Programme – Dental
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Dental Programme is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience our highly acclaimed dental service. The programme provides international dentists with the opportunity to gain first hand insight into our dental hospital and school, which together are ranked one of the top five dental training organisations worldwide, with the aim of providing a unique development experience which broadens visiting professionals’ clinical education. The programme will also enable visiting professionals to learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place.
The programme offers an unrivalled opportunity to benefit from world class dental knowledge in our London Dental Hospital in the heart of London.
The programme is aimed at registered dentists who wish to extend their expertise in dental treatment and management, and who wish to learn more about Guy’ and St Thomas’.
The programme aims to include:
- Direct experience of consultations and follow up appointments
- Exposure of paediatric and adult treatment clinics
- Opportunities to participate in internal department meetings
- Insight into the diagnostic pathway
- Involvement in care planning for patients
- The chance to undertake research projects
- First hand insight into NHS services and the largest dental hospital in Europe
- The opportunity to create networks and links for future learning and development
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.