Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust is among the UK’s busiest and most successful foundation trusts, with a long history of high quality care, clinical excellence, research and innovation.
Our Trust is made up of five of the UK’s best known hospitals: Guy’s Hospital, St Thomas’ Hospital, Evelina London Children’s Hospital, Royal Brompton Hospital and Harefield Hospital.
We are part of King’s Health Partners, one of only eight academic health sciences centres in England.
About Guy’s and St Thomas’
Located in the heart of London, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust is an organisation of high pedigree with a proud history going back over 900 years.
As one of the UK’s busiest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts – in terms of number of patient contacts, clinicians trained and research conducted and adopted in practice – we have developed world-class services in a number of specialities.
The Trust provides a full range of services, as well as specialist services including cancer, cardiothoracic, women and children’s services, kidney care and orthopaedics. Guy’s is home to the largest dental school in Europe and a £160 million Cancer Centre opened in 2016. As part of our commitment to provide care closer to home, in 2017 we also opened a cancer centre and a kidney treatment centre at Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup.
St Thomas’ has one of the largest critical care units in the UK and one of the busiest emergency departments in London. It is also home to Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
King’s Health Partners
We are part of King’s Health Partners, one of only eight academic health sciences centres in England designated by the Department of Health and Social Care.
We are committed to placing research and clinical innovation, as well as teaching and education, alongside the delivery of clinical care. In this way we are able to provide the latest treatments and best possible services to our patients, and we also play an important role in training the health professionals of tomorrow.
We work closely with our partners to provide better and more joined up care for people with physical and mental healthcare needs.
King’s Health Partners is a pioneering collaboration, bringing together:
- three of the UK’s leading NHS foundation trusts – ourselves, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- a world-leading university for health research and education – King’s College London
- services across central and outer London locations, including seven mental health and physical healthcare hospitals and many community sites
- nearly 4.3 million patient contacts each year
- more than 43,000 NHS and university staff
- 31,000 students
- a combined annual turnover of more than £3.7 billion
- a unique combination of research, teaching and clinical expertise in addressing the relationship between the mind and body.