Excellence in education and training for healthcare professionals, students and support staff is at the heart of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. With our internationally renowned teaching hospitals, we are committed to developing a healthcare workforce of the highest quality. This is vital to ensuring that our workforce remains skilled and equipped to deliver improvements in healthcare, and also for training and educating the next generation of clinicians and academics.
Training our staff and students in research techniques and methodologies is also important for achieving research excellence. We:
- provide world-class, innovative education and training in a wide range of health disciplines and create a culture in which learning is informed by research
- train and develop the entire workforce, including nurturing future leaders
- give opportunities to students who have the talent, but not necessarily the educational qualifications, to pursue careers in healthcare disciplines
- impact upon our local communities by increasing patient access to information
- affect a cultural shift in educational practices towards learning techniques that include the best, proven technological developments.
Those training at Guy’s and St Thomas’ receive some of the best medical education in the country. We are one of the largest postgraduate medical education centres with over 500 doctors in training, including foundation doctors, medical trainees, surgical trainees and specialist trainees at any one time. The academic component is provided by King’s College London (KCL) and the clinical teaching component is provided by Guy’s and St Thomas’. Our partnership with King’s College London also means that we can integrate KCL accredited academia when setting up bespoke programmes.
Guy’s and St Thomas’ is also home to many specialist educational academies, including the Cancer Academy, Allergy Academy and St John’s Derm Academy. Click on the logos below to find out more information about our educational academies.