Visiting Professional Programme – Nursing
The nursing programme was started as it is recognised that as a large teaching hospital in the centre of London, Guy’s and St Thomas’ has a lot to offer in relation to clinical expertise. The Trust has acclaimed international success through patient care campaigns, including a recent campaign on care for patients with dementia, and is home to several award winning nurses. The visiting professional programme is a great way to share our learning and expertise with others.
The nursing programme has been devised so that visiting professionals can experience the full authentic experience of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. There are many unique offerings and benefits that attending the nursing programme can provide, these include:
- Developing and extending your work portfolio by gaining experience of working in one of the largest teaching hospitals in Central London
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with Head Nurses
- Gain direct experience of working within the NHS
- Providing visitors with the opportunity to create networks and links for future learning and development
- Benefit of working in specialised departments
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.