Visiting Professional Programme – Clinical Pharmacy
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust provides a fully comprehensive pharmaceutical service which includes dispensing, clinical pharmacy, manufacturing, medicine information, medicine safety and quality assurance. Our pharmacists work across multi-disciplinary teams both in the hospital and community setting, to deliver advice, guidance and support within a culture of medicine safety.
The Clinical Pharmacy Programme is intended to provide visiting pharmacists with the core aspects of pharmaceutical care in order to have the knowledge and skills to practice safely. The programme offers a unique opportunity to acquire knowledge and clinical skills that can be applied back at work in the visitors own setting.
Overall programme aims
The programme is aimed at those who wish to extend their expertise in clinical pharmacy, and who wish to learn more about Guy’s and St Thomas’ pharmaceutical services.
The training aims to enable visitors to:
- Obtain direct experience and exposure to clinical pharmacy practice
- Spend time with and gain learning insight from our expert pharmaceutical team
- Interact with patients and contribute to their care
- Attend internal meetings and training activities
- Gain experience of the NHS and working in one of the largest teaching hospitals in Central London
- Critique the use of medicines in the management of the most common clinical conditions