Visiting Professional Programme – A&E
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust A&E Visiting Professional Programme is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience and learn from our outstanding A&E department. The programme offers exclusive insight into one of the NHS’s busiest A&E departments, which sees 400+ patients a day, 105+ ambulances a day and 27+ patients admitted to the Emergency Medical Unit (EMU) every day.
Our Visiting Professional Programme is a unique development experience that allows visitors to observe our leading A&E department. We are dedicated to broadening international professionals’ clinical expertise and enabling them to observe new skills that can be transferred back to their work place.
Overall programme aims
The programme is aimed at those who wish to extend their experience in a leading A&E department and who wish to gain an understanding of the way this is practiced and organised within the NHS.
The programme aims to include:
- Direct experience and exposure to an outstanding* Emergency Department. Including Resuscitation, Urgent Care Centre, Children’s A&E and Emergency Medical Unit
- There are ample opportunities to get involved with short quality improvement projects during your visit
- Opportunities to attend our in-house teaching sessions for A&E doctors
- Opportunities to attend our multidisciplinary team meetings (MDM)
- The opportunity to share knowledge and expertise with doctors and consultants
- The opportunity to develop and extend visitors’ work portfolios by gaining experience of observing one of the largest teaching hospitals in Central London, whilst gaining direct insight into the workings of the NHS