Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Paediatric Respiratory Visiting Professional Programme (VPP) is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience and learn from a team working in a busy tertiary Paediatric Hospital. The Paediatric Respiratory Department, part of the Evelina London Children’s Hospital at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, is situated in the centre of London and it is one of the providers of specialist respiratory care for children in England.
Our Visiting Professional Programme is a unique development experience that allows visitors to observe our leading respiratory team in all its settings. The attachment will be tailored to the learning needs of the observer and can be form broadly generic to highly specific. We are dedicated to broadening international professionals’ clinical expertise and enabling them to observe new skills that can be transferred back to their work place.
The programme is aimed at those who wish to extend their experience within a leading paediatric respiratory team and who wish to gain an understanding of the way this is practiced and organised within the NHS and how it integrates with patient care pathways.
The programme aims to include:
- Direct experience and exposure to Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
- Opportunities to get involved with short quality improvement projects during your visit
- Opportunities to attend our in-house teaching sessions
- Opportunities to attend our clinical governance meetings
- The opportunity to share knowledge and expertise with doctors, consultants and the wider multidisciplinary team who works closely with the respiratory team i.e. Paediatric ENT, Paediatric Intensive Care, Paediatric Surgery, Neonatal Unit and Paediatric Cardiology.
- The opportunity to develop and extend visitors’ work portfolios by gaining experience of observing one of the largest teaching hospitals in Central London, whilst gaining direct insight into the workings of the NHS
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.