Visiting Professional Programme – Obstetric Medicine
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Obstetric Medicine Visiting Professional Programme is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience and learn from our highly acclaimed obstetric medicine services. The programme offers exclusive insight into our obstetric medicine within maternity services and the various clinics and pre-pregnancy counselling involved in the department.
Our Visiting Professional Programme is a unique development experience that allows visitors to work and observe alongside our renowned faculty with some of the most experienced physicians in obstetric medicine. We are dedicated to broadening international professionals’ clinical expertise and enabling them to learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place.
Overall programme aims
The programme is aimed at those who wish to extend their expertise in obstetric medicine, and who wish to gain an understanding of the management of medical problems in pregnancy in the UK.
The programme aims to include:
- Direct experience and exposure of ward rounds and clinics including obstetric medicine, cardiac obstetric clinic, obstetric medical research clinic, renal pre-pregnancy counselling (ppc) clinic and diabetic/hypertension clinics, and visitors’ access will vary depending on the duration of their programme
- Involvement with our leading obstetric medicine research programme and clinical research meetings
- Opportunities to attend and contribute in our multidisciplinary postgrad meetings
- Regular clinical educational meetings
- The chance to undertake hands on clinical practice. Please note that this is dependent on programme duration and previous experience (not for observers)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.