Visiting Professional Programme – Lane Fox Respiratory
The Lane Fox Respiratory programme is designed to be tailored to the visiting professional’s specific requirements and areas of interest. The aim is to provide a unique development experience which broadens visiting professional’s clinical education and enables them to learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place.
The programme is very hands on and provides practical sessions in the clinics and wards.
- Join the medical, nursing and physiotherapy teams on the wards to gain a better understanding of the assessment and management of patients with chronic respiratory disease.
- Gain insight into the importance of adopting a multi-disciplinary approach to the management of patients with chronic respiratory failure.
- Review different service models and assess the viability of introducing such models within your own work environment.
- Attend the Lane Fox Unit’s multidisciplinary team meeting for an overview of inpatient progress and on-going management of complex respiratory patients.
- Join the outreach team on visits to long term home mechanical ventilation units.
- Attend home mechanical ventilation outpatient clinics.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.
The programme is delivered in the work place and participants will receive on to one supervision and direction whilst based in the clinic or day-case environment. This programme gives the opportunity for participants to be totally integrated with the day to day service within Lane Fox.