Foundation in Paediatric Pharmaceutical Care 7th International Masterclass
12 – 14 October 2017
Venue location – Central London:
Thurday – Education Centre (near St Thomas’ Hospital)
Friday – Guy’s Hospital
Saturday – Evelina London Childrens Hospital
The seventh annual masterclass on paediatric pharmaceutical care is run by the Paediatric Pharmacy Team at Evelina London Children’s Hospital, which is part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. The masterclass is part of a Kings Health Partners (KHP) initiative and is run in collaboration with the International Alliance for Better Medicines for Children and Global Research in Paediatrics.
Overall masterclass aims and objectives
The three day masterclass has been specially designed by the course directors to provide an update on the latest developments in paediatric pharmacy and aims to discuss best practice methods in the safe use of medicines in children. The programme has been created to ensure that delegates gain the most from their time visiting Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
After completing the course programme delegates will:
• Have a good knowledge of the best practice in dealing with common paediatric clinical problems; from general to more specialised care
• Have a strong understanding on age appropriate formulations for safer purchasing and administration of medicines to children
• Be aware of practical pharmacology aspects of medicines in children, and be able to apply this knowledge in practice
• Set out appropriate risk/governance strategies to make their paediatric pharmacy practice safer and more effective and look at ways to measure success
• Be familiar with where to access paediatric information resources
• Recognise worldwide initiatives for improving medicines for children