Visiting Professional Programme – Sleep
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Sleep Visiting Professional Programme is designed to provide international health care professionals with the opportunity to experience our highly acclaimed sleep service and its specialist clinics. The aim of our programme is to provide a unique development experience which broadens visiting professionals’ clinical education and enables them to learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place.
The Visiting Professional Programme is designed by our expert sleep team to provide an understanding of the Guy’s and St Thomas’ Sleep service and our specialist sleep clinics.
The programme aims to include:
- Direct experience and exposure of clinics and ward rounds
- Opportunities to participate in internal meetings and educational activities, such as the multidisciplinary team meeting and grand rounds
- An insight in to the importance of adopting a multidisciplinary approach in the management of severe sleep disorders
- Interaction with the wide range of faculty that contribute towards patient care within the sleep service, including nurses, psychologists and technicians, so as to gain an understanding of the assessment and management pathways
- Experience of the NHS and working in one of the largest teaching hospitals in Central London
- An understanding of the different service models and the chance to review and assess the viability of the models in different clinical environments, such as the visitor’s home country
Individual weekly timetables will be created depending on each visiting professional’s requirements.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.