Visiting Professional Programme – Paediatric Metabolic Medicine
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Paediatric Metabolic Medicine Visiting Professional Programme (VPP) is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience firsthand our unique paediatric metabolic service, which is one of only six tertiary centres in the UK. The programme offers a unique chance to be fully integrated within a service which is at the forefront of clinical activity, training and research.
The programmes are designed by our clinical leads to provide unique development experiences which enable visiting professionals to broaden their clinical expertise and learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place. We are excited to deliver exclusive access to observe and work alongside our paediatric metabolic faculty and to provide an opportunity for international professionals to gain insight into our Trust and the role that our staff play within the NHS.
Overall programme aims
The programme is aimed at those who wish to extend their clinical expertise in paediatric metabolic medicine within Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
The aims of the programme include:
- The opportunity to have direct experience and exposure to board rounds, clinics and ward rounds at a unique paediatric metabolic centre
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Access to departmental and national seminars and teaching sessions
- The opportunity to develop networks and close links for future close working relations through peer mentorship throughout the programme from a named mentor
- The opportunity to complete specialty projects and research with a view to submission for peer review
Individual weekly timetables will be created depending on each visiting professional’s requirements.