Visiting Professional Programme – Neonatal ICU
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Neonatal ICU Visiting Professional Programme (VPP) is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience our highly acclaimed neonatal unit first hand. The programme offers a unique chance to be fully integrated within a neonatal service which is at the forefront of clinical activity, training and research.
The programmes are designed by our clinical leads to provide unique development experiences which enable visiting professionals to broaden their clinical expertise and learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place. We are excited to deliver exclusive access to observe and work alongside our neonatal faculty and to provide an opportunity for international professionals to gain insight into our Trust and the role that our staff play within the NHS.
The programme is aimed at those who wish to extend their clinical expertise in neonatology within Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
The aims of the programme include:
- The opportunity to have direct experience and exposure to clinics and ward rounds at a world-renownedneonatal ICU
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Access to departmental seminar programmes and trust wide education programmes
- The opportunity to develop networks for future close working
- The opportunity to participate in local governance and quality improvement projects and potential to present findings within the department or wider neonatal network.
- Individual weekly timetables will be created depending on each visiting professional’s requirements.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to visitors upon the end of their programme.