Visiting Professional Programme – Gynaecology
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Gynaecology Visiting Professional Programme (VPP) is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience firsthand our leading gynaecology service. The programme offers a unique chance to be fully integrated within a service which is at the forefront of clinical activity, training and research.
The programmes are designed by our clinical leads to provide unique development experiences which enable visiting professionals to broaden their clinical expertise and learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place. We are excited to deliver exclusive access to observe and work alongside our gynaecology faculty and to provide an opportunity for international professionals to gain insight into our Trust and the role that our staff play within the NHS.
The programme is aimed at those who wish to extend their clinical expertise in gynaecology within Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
The aims of the programme include:
- The opportunity to have direct experience and exposure to clinics and ward rounds at a leading gynaecology department
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Access to departmental and national seminars and teaching sessions
- The opportunity to develop networks and close links for future close working relations through peer mentorship throughout the programme from a named mentor
- The opportunity to complete specialty projects and research with a view to submission for peer review
Individual weekly timetables will be created depending on each visiting professional’s requirements.
It is recommended that in order to get the most out of the Gynaecology programme, that visiting professionals undertake observership of 4-12 weeks. However, the programme’s duration can be tailored to the specific learning requirements of those visiting the Trust.