Visiting Professional Programme – Cardiology
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ Cardiology Visiting Professional Programme (VPP) is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience our highly acclaimed cardiology department first hand. The programme is a unique chance to be fully integrated within a cardiology service which is at the forefront of clinical activity, training and research.
We are excited to deliver exclusive access to observe and work alongside our renowned cardiology faculty and to provide an opportunity for international professionals to gain insight into our Trust and the role that cardiology consultants play within the NHS.
Overall programme aims
The programme is designed to enhance visiting professional’s clinical expertise in cardiology and to provide a unique insight into the technology and treatment available within a leading NHS hospital.
- Direct experience and exposure to clinics and ward rounds, including electrophysiology, heart failure, inherited cardiac conditions, adult congenital heart disease and valve clinics
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Advanced knowledge of non-invasive cardiology testing, including 3D echocardiography, cardiac MRI and CT
- Access to monthly lectures and internally organised courses
- Opportunities to receive bespoke training from our expert clinicians and to gain professional qualifications
- The opportunity to create networks and close links for future learning and development through peer mentorship from junior and senior doctors
- Access to clinical research, such as our CT research program which is one of the largest in the UK, and the chance to actively contribute
- Experience of working in a tertiary cardiac centre with advanced clinical and technical expertise amongst an internationally renowned faculty of experts