Visiting Professional Programme – ACU
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust ACU Visiting Professional Programme (VPP) is designed to provide international visiting professionals with the opportunity to experience our leading assisted conception unit first hand. The programme offers a unique chance to be fully integrated within a fertility service which is at the forefront of clinical activity, training and research.
The programmes are designed by our clinical leads to provide unique development experiences which enable visiting professionals to broaden their clinical expertise and learn new skills that can be transferred back to their work place. We are excited to deliver exclusive access to observe and work alongside our assisted conception unit and to provide an opportunity for international professionals to gain insight into our Trust and the role that our staff play within the NHS.
Overall programme aims
The programme is aimed at those who wish to upgrade their knowledge and gain insight into Fertility and Assisted Conception practises used within Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
The aims of the programme include:
- The opportunity to have direct experience and exposure to clinics and ward rounds at a leading assisted conception unit
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Access to departmental seminar programmes and trust wide programmes
- The opportunity to develop networks and close links for future close working relations through peer mentorship throughout the programme from a named mentor
- The opportunity to complete specialty projects and research with a view to submission for peer review